Follow-up to Mac Goodness from the NISOx blog (formerly Neuroimaging Statistics Tips & Tools)
I’ve gone on about how great it is to change keyboard shortcuts with System Preferences -> Keyboards, but not all Word commands are accessible through that facility. In particular, it is possible to make Word respond to Emacs editing commands!
In Word, go to Tools -> Customize Keyboard… . Under Categories, select “All Commands” to show everything. In the Commands box find a command, and then add the corresponding key as follows:
- Command StartOfLine – Shortcut Control+A
- Command EndOfLine – Shortcut Control+E
- Command EditCut – Shortcut Control+W
- Command EditPaste – Shortcut Control+Y
- Command EditFind – Shortcut Control+S